Wednesday 9 July 2008

Update and recipe

I haven't had time to blog about my last week! It's been crazy. I worked out 4 days and did well. I've decided to do an hour of cardio one day and then a half hour the next with weight training, too. That seems to work well for me. I need to up my cardio for my weight loss! I've been doing half the time on the treadmill and half on the bike--it's nice to change it up a little!

Here's a recipe that I've become really addicted to!

Cucumber Salad

3 large cucumber peeled and thinly sliced
1 c. white vinegar
3/4 c. water
3/4c. sugar (you can cut back on this if you want)
1 tsp. salt
cayenne pepper to taste (I like it hot so I add a lot of cayenne!)
dash of dried parsley flakes
1/8 tsp. black pepper
dash of dried leaf basil

Combine all ingredients except the cucumbers; heat until sugar melts. Pour warm mixture over cucumbers. Store covered in the refrigerator overnight. Serve the next day.

So, here's what I do. I make this up, sometimes I double it, and keep it in the refrigerator and snack on them. They are wonderful! The spiciness ups your metabolism as well, so that's good! I use them on sandwiches or wraps, as a side dish, and also just plain for a snack (one of my 6 small meals).

Enjoy!

No comments: