Saturday 28 June 2008

Week in Review

Well, I've been wondering how to put what I've done this week. I think I can sum it up by saying, "Keep my eye on the end result and the journey."

I was a little discouraged at my weigh in this week. I've been working so hard, and lately, I've been really hungry! I was thinking about it until a friend of mine pointed out that muscle weighs more than fat and I've been diligently weight training along with my cardio. Also, hunger pains could be a sign that my metabolism is kicking in. That's good, I've never really felt hunger pains before, just tiredness and things like that. So, those are good things!

I'm struggling this week with lonliness. A lot of that has to do with where I live. I have good friends here, but, many of them are older than I and their kids are gone. They are in a different time of life. What's hard is, I'm home with my kids doing mom things a lot. They are more free to do other things. I'm not. It's hard because, eventhough I know they don't mean to, I feel left out sometimes. It's not them. It's really me. I'm dealing with all of this emotional stuff right now and I don't have anyone I can really talk to.

But, that's where God comes in, isn't it? He's always gently nudging me to know that He is there. He has brought me to this point to teach me something about Him and myself. So, here I go again! What will I learn this time? We start the new study Believing God this next week. I'm excited to see where it takes me.

Thanks to those of you who take the time to post encouraging things to me! It's really a blessing and I read them over and over to keep myself going. I would love to hear about others going through the same journey! If you know any, let me know!

2 comments:

Mom2legomaniacs said...

dayle,
I am really proud of you for taking on this challenge. You can do it! You have a whole bunch of us supporting you from afar. Never forget that you do have friends even if we are in another country. Hang in there dear!

Katy said...

Dayle! I am so proud of you! It's not just about food and exercise, but it's spiritual, as well. Keep prayin! I'll be praying, too.

Katy
http://mynutvillage.com/