Saturday 21 June 2008

Week in Report

I'm wanting to do weekly reports about how I've done, just for accountability. It helps to see it in black and white--facing reality, remeber that? I can't fool myself if I see it.

Exercise

I've worked out only 3 days this week. My goal is 4. This is the week I had to go to the City and also pick up the kids from camp, so 2 of my days were a little full. I was going to workout today, but, I woke up with stomach cramps and other symptoms I won't describe in full. I don't want to get sick so I'm staying around the house today. I may do some stair exercises here a little later if I can.

My workouts have been good, though. I've been doing 30 minutes on the treadmill going 2 miles and burning at least 200 calories (that's going pretty fast for me right now). My goal is to work up to 300 calories in the next month or so. I'm meeting with the gym doctor this week to see how I'm doing and what adjustments I can safely make.


Food

I've been doing great on the water, at least 10 glasses a day. I've also been drinking smoothies and lemonade with very little sugar (I like it tart, so this isn't a problem).

I eat my carbs early in the day and I'm upping my protein. I've been doing the 6 small meals as much as possible, this takes a lot of prep, so I'm working out a routine to make it more possible for me. I'm not eating after 7 pm in the evening, a full 3 hours before bed. This is the toughest thing for me. I've been in the habit of really snacking on fattening foods before bed. What I'm doing now is allowing myself 3 nights a week where I can snack on things like unbuttered popcorn (I put a little parmesan and chili powder on it), craisins, fruit or veggies, things like that.

I'm finding that the times during the day I want to snack the most are in the afternoons and evenings. So, I'm trying to get more active in the afternoons (not just with housework) like taking a walk with my dc or going nature journaling with them. Getting out! Experiencing things! That's been helpful.


Rest

I really think rest is essential for weight loss. I want my body to rejuvinate. I'm sleeping 8 hours a night. Previously, that wasn't the case. I really think, though I haven't read much about it yet, that resting helps your metabolism. I would either sleep less than 8 hours (much less) or every once in a while I would get so tired I would sleep much more than 8 hours. This isn't healthy. There needs to be balance.


Spiritually

I'm a part of a Bible Study group of ladies here who meet every Friday morning. We are going through Beth Moore's Believing God book (starting next week) and praying together. It's been a lifeline for me. I'm loving the time I'm spending digging into God's Word. This is helping me so much to gain perspective and understanding who I really am. It's good.

Body, soul, and spirit. That's what we are. We need to strive for balance on a 3. For so long my soul was great--mind, will, and emotions--but, my spirit lacked. Spending more time with God everyday is reviving my spirit and that is giving me the strength to work on my body. It's all connected.

1 comment:

Katy said...

It is all connected! I've found that when I do just one, it doesn't work. The eating, the exercise, the communication with the Lord...It's the perfect plan!

Keep up the good work! You've inspired me!