Monday 23 June 2008

Today's progress

Well, today I got up at 6:15 and had my quiet time and then left for the gym to work out. I had a rough week last week--not being able to get a really fast pace going and maintaining it. I was struggling with pain in my shins and my allergies being so bad. But, I persisted figuring it was better to do something instead of giving up.

Today, I was able to really get my pace going. I worked hard for at least 20 of the 30 minutes I was on the treadmill. I did over 2 miles, which is an improvement over last week, but, still not up to what I was doing before. That's okay. I have a friend who decided my shoes were the main problem I had so she bought me new New Balance shoes. I love them! They really made a difference, my shins didn't hurt at all. She was right!

Tomorrow, my goal is to up the pace even more and do strength training after on my arms and legs. I'm hoping to really get started on abs next week (we'll see!)

Tonight for dinner I'm making calzones with veggies and cheese and a low-fat crust. I let you all know how it turns out and write out the recipe!

No comments: